Lee's Summit Quilters' Guild

Our next meeting is June 10, 2024
guest presenter is Denise Stahl, The Curios Kansas Quilter
see page 4 of the current newsletter
meeting starts 9am at Woods Chapel Methodist Church
Youtube video showing our Guild's quilts at the MO Star Museum
click HERE to view the video

Friday, July 17, 2020

LSQG News and Virtual Bee - Monday, July 20, 9:00 - 4:00

Hi all!

I’m sure a lot of you already heard, but I wanted everyone to know that our Guild trailer was stolen last Sunday in the early morning!  The contents were dumped in Kansas City.  One of the residents by there sent the Guild a Facebook message and asked if we had dumped our stuff there.  By the time we were able to get there only about 1/3rd of the PVC pipes we use to hang the curtains were left.  People in the neighborhood came by and helped themselves to what was dumped! 

A police report was filed and we have also filed a claim with the insurance company.  I put together a committee to make plans going forward on replacing our stolen items.  We will have a report for you in August.  I guess if you want to put a positive spin on this at least we had already cancelled our Quilt Show! 

I don’t know about you but I sure could enjoy some time visiting with my quilting friends so let’s have a Virtual Bee!  Since we can’t use the Duck Pond yet, I have set up a Zoom get together on Monday, July 20th during our regular Bee time – 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM.  Even though we can’t physically be together we can sew together!  You can log on and stay all day or you can come and go as you please.  It would be nice if we could all stop sewing at 11:00 and show each other what we are working on and visit a little while.  Maybe we can even eat lunch together?  If you aren’t familiar with Zoom or online “meetings” this would be a great way to give it a try.

Below is a link where you can register to join us.  Just click on the link and fill out the requested information.  Sunday night I will send everyone who registers a reminder email with all the information you will need to join. 


If you have any trouble getting logged in please call or text me at my cell phone number listed in the membership book and I will try to help you. 

I hope you will consider joining us, even if you just drop in to say hi and visit a little while.  It will be great to see everyone there!

I hope to see you on Monday,

Edwina Smith